Becoming a Lydiard coach will:
- Enable you to apply Lydiard principles of sequential development and correct timing to get the best out of athletes.
- Give you an understanding of how the body is best trained to maximise a runner’s potential.
- Teach you why the importance of developing an athlete’s aerobic base is the foundation for all further training.
- Show you the key role that recovery has in promoting the necessary physical adaptions that will improve a runner’s performance.
- Teach you how to make your athlete self-aware, so that they can feel when they are training at the right level.
- Equip you to create training plans using Lydiard principles that meet the individual needs of athletes of all abilities for all events from 800m to ultra-distances.
Next course: Online via Zoom starting Thursday 16th June 2022
**Level I & II Coach Certification** Scroll down for course structure
June 2022 Intensive – Online via Zoom
Session 1: Thursday 16th June 7pm – 10pm GMT
Session 2: Friday 17th June 7pm – 10pm GMT
Session 3: Saturday 18th June 7pm – 10pm GMT
Session 4: Sunday 19th June 7pm – 10 pm GMT
Session 5: To be decided in consultation with course delegates
Course Structure Please note. The Intensive Course covers the content below in four sessions.
July 2022 Weekly Course – Online via Zoom Dates to be confirmed
Session One: Regeneration and Adaptation. The Five Lydiard Principles. The Training Pyramid. Your Renewable Battery. (3 hours)
Session Two: Phase One – Endurance. Phase Two – Hill Strength Resistance Phase Three – Anaerobic. (3 hours)
Session Three: Phase Four – Integration. Phase Five – Taper Racing & Peaking, Continuation of Racing (3 hours)
Session Four: Recovery Schedules & Indicators. Micro & Macro Cycles Goal-Setting. Writing a Schedule. Case Studies. (3 hours)
Session Five: Exam preview and Q&A (3 hours)
COST: $279 (normally $399) – Repeat Attendees $80
(Includes online manual, exam materials, certificates and session recordings)
Participants must pass exam requirements for certification. (We give great assistance 😊)
ALL SESSIONS WILL BE RECORDED
You can read course testimonials here.