Becoming a Lydiard coach will:
- Enable you to apply Lydiard principles of sequential development and correct timing to get the best out of athletes.
- Give you an understanding of how the body is best trained to maximise a runner’s potential.
- Teach you why the importance of developing an athlete’s aerobic base is the foundation for all further training.
- Show you the key role that recovery has in promoting the necessary physical adaptions that will improve a runner’s performance.
- Teach you how to make your athlete self-aware, so that they can feel when they are training at the right level.
- Equip you to create training plans using Lydiard principles that meet the individual needs of athletes of all abilities for all events from 800m to ultra-distances.
Next course: Online via Zoom starting Thursday 16th June 2022
**Level I & II Coach Certification** Scroll down for course structure
June 2022 Intensive – Online via Zoom
Session 1: Thursday 16th June 7pm – 10pm GMT
Session 2: Friday 17th June 7pm – 10pm GMT
Session 3: Saturday 18th June 7pm – 10pm GMT
Session 4: Sunday 19th June 7pm – 10 pm GMT
Session 5: To be decided in consultation with course delegates
Course Structure Please note. The Intensive Course covers the content below in four sessions.
July 2022 Weekly Course – Online via Zoom Dates to be confirmed
Session One: Regeneration and Adaptation. The Five Lydiard Principles. The Training Pyramid. Your Renewable Battery. (3 hours)
Session Two: Phase One – Endurance. Phase Two – Hill Strength Resistance Phase Three – Anaerobic. (3 hours)
Session Three: Phase Four – Integration. Phase Five – Taper Racing & Peaking, Continuation of Racing (3 hours)
Session Four: Recovery Schedules & Indicators. Micro & Macro Cycles Goal-Setting. Writing a Schedule. Case Studies. (3 hours)
Session Five: Exam preview and Q&A (3 hours)
COST: $279 (normally $399) – Repeat Attendees $80
(Includes online manual, exam materials, certificates and session recordings)
Participants must pass exam requirements for certification. (We give great assistance ?)
ALL SESSIONS WILL BE RECORDED
Click here to be redirected to the US website and book a place.
You can read course testimonials here.