Philosophy of coaching:
I love to see people running intelligently, with joy and am not so keen on a ‘go hard or go home’ approach. I like to see people stay in love with running and run well for a long time.
I have a strong interest in helping runners run in a way that is a positive factor for their overall well-being.
- Coached adults since 2018 in a local running club.
- Organised and ran an improvers programme to take people from 5k to a 10k distance. Participants have kept running, completing half-Marathons and even Marathons since then.
- Assisted junior coaches on occasion, where the participants have overflowing bags of energy!
- Currently helping local runners build back up to longer distances and looking forward to seeing steady but strong progress.
- Started the local ‘Friday Night Social Run at Chatting Pace’ in 2017.
- Led runs and tested a variety of running routes in a Run Leader capacity.
- Lydiard level 2 coach - Lydiard Foundation,
- Coach in Running Fitness - EA,
- Leadership in Running Fitness - EA,
- Mental Wellbeing in Sport & Physical Activity - EA,
- Movement Skills - EA,
- Physical Preparation - EA,
- Safeguarding - EA,
- Duty of Care - UK Coaching (Safeguarding, Diversity, Inclusion, Mental Health, Well-being),
- Event Group Endurance - EA (currently ongoing),
- Enjoy a nice social parkrun and 5ks, 10ks, the odd fell race, Half-Marathons, Marathons, and placed fairly well in off-road races. Some highlights include the OMM in 2019, the 2017 Quadrathlon in Ireland (4 Marathons in 4 Days), Snowdonia Trail Marathons and the Yorkshire Fellsman.
- Awarded (club) Male Runner of the Year in 2017 and Club Person of the Year in 2018.
Other useful experiences:
- Volunteer coordinator for the 401 Running Festival in Nottinghamshire, 2019.
- Helped out at local races, such as photographer, tail-running or marshalling.
- Love helping out at the local parkrun and invited to virtually Run Direct New Year’s Day in 2021.
- Carried out risk assessments and organised training groups within COVID-19 guidance.
- Looking after inclusive and diverse groups at the Bushcraft camp as a Shadow Ranger for Forestry England.
- First-Aid training + Forestry and First Aid training for Runners.